REPUBLIKA ACADEMIC APARTS
CLARIFICATION TEXT REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA OF VISITORS
Pursuant to the Turkish Protection of Personal Data Law no. 6698 (“PPDL”), Ortaköy Aparts Otelcilik A.Ş., Çakmaklı Aparts Otelcilik A.Ş., Sefaköy Aparts Otelcilik A.Ş., Republika Yönetim ve Danışmanlık A.Ş. (hereby referred collectively as “Republika Academic Aparts”), duly incorporated as per the legislation of the Republic of Turkey, shall be able to process your personal data within the scope stated below:
- Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data
Your personal data collected during your visit shall be processed as it is “necessary for the legitimate interests of” Republika Academic Aparts, without harming your fundamental rights and freedoms (as stated in Article 5 of the PPDL) and the conditions stated in Article 6 paragraph 2 of the PPDL. Your personal data collected during your visit shall be processed in order to provide the legal, technical and commercial security of Republika Academic Aparts and persons/companies that have relations with Republika Academic Aparts for the purposes of conducting the necessary operational activities and carrying out necessary works with the relevant business unit.
- To Whom and For What Purposes Processed Personal Data Can Be Transferred
Your collected personal data can be transferred to legally authorized agencies, Republika Academic Aparts’s local/international business partners within the framework of the conditions and purposes for processing personal data outlined in Article 8 and Article 9 of the PPDL due to the necessity of the legitimate interests of Republika Academic Aparts (used without harming your fundamental rights and freedoms) and for Republika Academic Aparts to fulfil its legal obligations.
- Method for Collecting Personal Data and Legal Basis Thereto
During your visit, our personal data will be processed and acquired in any verbal, written or electronic format within the framework of the law in line with the purposes outlined above in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this text and the conditions stated in Article 6 paragraph 2 of the PPDL as it is “necessary for the legitimate interests of” Republika Academic Aparts, without harming your fundamental rights and freedoms (as stated in Article 5 of the PPDL).
- Personal Data Subject Rights Specified in Article 11 of the PPDL
Personal data subjects have the right to
- Find out whether or not personal data has been processed,
- Request information about the processing of personal data if it has occurred,
- Find out the purpose of processing the personal data and whether or not it was processed for this purpose,
- Know third parties to whom personal data was transferred either domestically or abroad,
- Request that personal data processed incorrectly or incompletely be corrected and request that third parties to whom the transaction in correction was made are informed,
- Request that personal data be erased or destroyed if the reasons that required processing no longer apply in spite of the fact that it was processed in accordance with the provisions of the PPDL or other applicable legislation, and request that third parties to whom personal data was transferred as part of this process be informed,
- Object to any unfavourable consequences arising from the analysis of processed data via exclusively automatic systems,
- Request remedy of damages if they incur losses due to the unlawful processing of personal data.
As a personal data subject, requests you make in connection with your rights may be sent to Republika Academic Aparts by filling in the PPDL Data Subject Application Form found at below. Your requests shall be answered by Republika Academic Aparts within 30 days at the latest following its receipt. However, if a charge is specified by the Personal Data Protection Board, the cost on the fee schedule specified shall be collected by Republika Academic Aparts.